Monday 23 April 2012

Drip, drip, drip, little April showers

Well, it's been so wet for several days now I haven't done anything else to the garden area.  However, despite all forecasts we have had two dry days.  Here's the same view when the rain stopped.
This picture is taken just after St Marys Church, a very historic church close to Phoenix Court.  The grave yard includes the grave of Anne Bronte and the church itself has suffered attacks in the first world war and during the English Civil War.  It still stands bravely on the cliff top.

I suppose we need the rain and it will be benefiting all the plants I have put in already.  Today I did see a huge bumble bee, quite early I thought, but it was lovely to see it.  As soon as I get time I am going to make a bee log.  I have got all the necessary bits - more on this in future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment