Thursday 24 May 2012

Bumble Bee Friendly

After watching a programme about the Chelsea Flower Show last night I found out about the Bee Kind campaign running by the Bumblebee Conservation Society.  You can list the plants in your garden on the site and you get a score for the bee friendliness of your garden.  We scored 837.  I struggled with the type of garden.  This is a good score for a window box (500 average) but poor for a small garden (2500 average).  I can't work out whether we are more a window box or a tiny, evolving garden.  Anyway, its a start.

I have recently also started using a site called Grows on You.  This is a good way of listing plants that you are growing and also asking queries from other gardeners. I posted a question about coast hardy bee and butterfly friendly plants and got loads of interesting and useful suggestions.  So that will give me something to work on over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment