Wednesday 13 June 2012

A further bug b&b

Bamboo cane bug home
As a follow up from my last post,  I now have the tied up bamboo canes in place and here's a picture on a lovely sunny day in Scarborough.

I have decided to put it by the sea thrift and also the sea holly, which you can just about see here.  But as this is starting to grow a couple of lovely thistles then it might just be a good place.

Today I have seen a hoverfly buzzing around a hebe I recently moved to the wildlife garden and also around the sea thrift underneath the cane bundle.  It's only a start but does mean that the flowers are of interest and they are getting noticed.

Cornflower Seedlings
I have started to see the cornflower seeds coming through.  Not very dramatic as yet, but obviously going the right way.  There should be some to move into the wild flower patch I am creating.

Poorly hebe
I moved a small and struggling hebe to the wildlife garden area earlier this week.  At the front it was being bombarded by wind and also not getting much sun.  So I cut it right back to the new growth that was fighting its way through and moved it to the back of the guest house, where there is more sun all day.  It looks slightly pathetic at the moment but obviously now has a chance to grow to its potential.  Here's how it looks now.  Hopefully in a few weeks it will look much better and will start to flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment