Thursday 28 June 2012

A sliver of success

It was a beautiful evening yesterday and so I went out to take a picture of the sea.  As I passed this geranium plant I noticed a bee buzzing around all the flowers and enjoying the plant and the sunshine.  It's really the first one I have seen so far as the weather has been so dire, but this at least shows that things I have planted are of interest.

On clearing out an area at the front of our guest house, I discovered some daisies flowering quite happily.  Obviously the old idiom is correct that a weed is a plant in the wrong place.  Because I took up a few with their roots and planted them in my little attempted wildflower garden.  At first they looked as if they were thinking - we didn't say we wanted to move,  but now after the sunny evening and some rain today they look much happier, so I hope they do settle in.  I also transplanted a couple of clover cuttings to another pot in the hope that they might grow.  Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment