Tuesday 31 July 2012

Progress Update


It's good to see the occasional success from my efforts and earlier today I noticed this.  It's not the clearest picture, but just underneath the tied up bamboo canes there is a spider, which was making it's way in and out of the canes.  It's the dark little speck against the stone wall.  Well, I know it's there and it's very welcome.

Bumble bee on Sea Thistle
Also, I am often now seeing bumblebees around the plants that are
flowering.  These really are the most lovable insects that are lovely to see around my plants and it is so important that we all do everything we can to help
and aid their survival.


Bumblebee on hebe flower

After a slight battle with snails, who have been thriving in the damp weather, it's great now to have nasturtium plants flowering as these are very popular with bees and other insects.  I have a few flowering around the tubs and plant beds now.  They make up for the poppies that were enthusiastically eaten by snails.  I actually saw one snail eating a flower, but was too incensed to take a picture.  Looking on the internet, I am not the only person suffering a the hand of snails but at least now the two poppy plants are starting to fight back although there are no flowers at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment