Monday 2 July 2012

More planting

Hebe, Poppy and Sedum
With a few more tubs moving from the front of our guest house to the back I have done a bit more planting.  This might be it for this year as I want to now see what happens, ie what attracts wildlife and what actually also survives, but we will have to see as the year progresses.  Anyway, I have put in the following - sedum selskianum, achillea x lewisii King Edward, and Hebe Blue Star also another Iceland Poppy.
Achillea x lewisii King Edward

These all are hardy up to grade 9, which appears to cover northern coastal areas.

I already have one hebe, which is recovering from a bad stay at the front of the guest house with north winds battering it.  So 2 hebes, might work quite well together.

Last weekend we had a strong wind battering all the plants I have put in and they all survived.  The most pleasing success was the buddleia, which still looks very well, although slightly bent.  It appears to be much hardier than I originally thought and has developing buds, which I hope will flower soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment